25 things you should have learned by the time you have reached middle age
1. If you’re too open-minded, your brains will fall out.
2. Don’t worry about what people think, they don’t do it very often.
3. Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
4. It ain’t the jeans that make your butt look fat.
5. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
6. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.
7. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
8. It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
9. For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.
10. If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
11. Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.
12. A conscience is what hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.
13. Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
14. Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.
15. No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes.
16. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
17. Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.
18. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
19. Junk is something you’ve kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.
20. There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
21. Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
22. By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
23. Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.
24. Someone who thinks logically, provides a nice contrast to the real world.
25. If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you’ve never tried before.
Din seria “yahoo spam”, o kestie tare funny… in special ultima linie.. :))
1. Your house plants are alive, and you can’t smoke any of them.
2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.
3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
5. You hear your favorite song on an elevator.
6. You watch the Weather Channel.
7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of hook up and break up.
8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as “dressed up.”
10. You’re the one calling the police because those damn kids next door won’t turn down the stereo.
11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
12. You don’t know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
13. Your car insurance goes down and your payments go up.
14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonalds leftovers.
15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
16. You no longer take naps from noon to 6 PM.
17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.
19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.
20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer “pretty good stuff.”
21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
22. “I just can’t drink the way I used to,” replaces, “I’m never going to drink that much again.”
23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
24. You no longer drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
25. You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that this doesn’t apply to you.
2. Control your time.
3. Do without.
4. Pare down.
5. Have a weekly “no noise” day.
6. Make a list.
7. Organize everything.
Detalii la fiecare aici…
Merita citite pana la capat (si cele cateva comentarii)
Yeap, duminica a fost zi de curse. Ei, nici kiar de curse, dar… oricum, pe-acolo. Am fost cu Kelu (driver) si Bobby la o plimbare mica… si calma. Calma pentru ca strazile din Bucuresti (desi era duminca) erau cam pline si n-apuca mashinutza lu’ Kelu sa ajunga prea sus la kilometraj (si mai era si problema radarelor).
Anyway… a fost interesant ca dupa ‘cursa’ ne-am intalnit cu alta gasca de speed maniacs. Filmuletze si poze…
“Trompetzica” asta nu era pe masina lu’ Kelu ci pe masina celor cu care ne-am intalnit. Imi aduc aminte de o faza comica povestita de soferul respectivei masini: la o cursa (castigata) oponentzii au venit la el sa-i caute butelia de NOS.. :))
(pentru cei care nu stiu, BOV = Blow of Valve produce un sunet … metalic, ca la Need for Speed cand dadeai drumu’ la NOS).
Am gasit ceva interesant (de vazut) vis-a-vis de acest topic.
What is Web 2.0? A buzzword, still not strictly defined. Michael Wesch, an Assistant Professor of Cultural Anthropology at Kansas State University has put together an interesting video – Web 2.0 … The Machine is Us/ing Us. The idea is that by separating the content from formatting restrains, we can better use, exchange, connect… just watch the video.
Mi-a placut… so… time to share
See full story here…
Pentru ca Bobby mi-a facut ‘surpriza’ sa ma inscrie la roblogfest2007ma vad indatorat sa intru in ‘joc’.
Am votat blogurile care mi-au placut, care, intr-un fel sau altul, m-au facut sa zambesc, m-au pus pe ganduri sau m-au invatzat cate ceva. Am tinut cont DOAR de acest criteriu… fara alte “chestii, socoteli”.
Au fost prea multe categorii pentru rabdarea mea: acolo am dat votul celor pe care-i cunosc. 🙂
Ahh.. sa nu uit: multumesc celor care m-au votat! 🙂 [la o parte din ei deja le-am multumit prin vot] 🙂
….PR-ul de la google. 😀
Nu ca ar fi fost asteptat sau ca ar fi cine stie ce eveniment, da’… na, ma laud si eu! 😀 😀